Wednesday, August 26, 2015

A Weekend Getaway


School doesn’t start until next week, so I decided to pop up to Edinburgh for a long weekend because I can just do that now.  I am overcoming my fear of buses (decapitations are not as common as I continue to believe), by taking an overnight bus from London to Edinburgh. I haven’t seen the Beveridge family since Kaytie and I were there in 2013, and since then there are two new adorable additions. It was a lot of fun to play with this cute family.

On Friday I managed to 
get myself from the Bus Station to Jude’s house. I really am figuring out this whole public transportation thing- No, it was one bus and I got off at the very last stop, but I will continue to consider it a success. We went down town for lunch, and we went to Costco (it looks exactly the same as every other Costco, but some of the brands were different). 

Over the next few days we went to the beach, and then we had fish and chips. While we were wandering around the harbour we ran into a real fisherman who was bringing in his catch, and he showed us all of the crabs and lobsters. It was neat.  We went to Blacketyside Farm and bought a lot of delicious berries, like a lot. They were amazing.  

We went walking. The countryside there is breathtaking. Everything about the area is breathtaking. The city is old and magnificent, then it is surrounded by so much beautiful. Tuesday night I spent a few hours wandering around the castle and surrounding area. I just find it all enchanting. I suppose people get used to living in a place like that, but I have a hard time fathoming it.

We also did some shopping and lots of talking. I’m so lucky to have so many amazing people in my life.





No comments:

Post a Comment