Thursday, September 29, 2011

We Call Them BYU Endorphins.




According to Wikipedia endorphins, "...resemble the opiates in thier abilities to produce analgesia and a feeling of well being."


Obviously I am not any sort of science major, my information is coming from Wikipedia, but endorphins make you feel happy. During my sophomore year we used the phrase "BYU endorphins" to refer to stuff that actually is not that awesome but is so cultural to BYU that we all act like, maybe even believe, that it is in fact awesome. Like Hiking the Y.


I know I put it on my BYU Bucket List, and it is something everyone should do once, but only once. The hike isn't that awesome. It isn't long enough to feel like you accomplished something, or scenic enough to make you really appreciate nature. The view is lovely but not breathtaking. Mostly you walk for while up hill and then that is kind of it. But for some reason, despite it's obvious lack of awesome, it is still one of those experiences you have to have while you are here.

1 comment: