Thursday, February 21, 2013

My Birthday: Day Four



Today was super fun. Kaytie is ah-mah-zing and booked us pedicures; Kelly and I got our toes done while Kaytie and Quincy offered moral support. We ate pizza and played Rook, then we went to Jen and Tim’s awesomely cool theatre room and watched Ocean’s Eleven, played some darts and ping pong.  Throughout all of this we managed to eat way more candy than anyone should.


Okay five more things to be grateful for; this activity has is weirdly hard and easy. Easy because I have so much to appreciate, and hard because I have never attempted this sort of activity in the blog format.  So bear with me…

Number Sixteen: Relaxation
I was talking to Kelly about what I should blog today and she said relaxation; she made a compelling argument for it and I had to agree.  We are all very lucky to live in a situation where relaxation is even an option. There is something so refreshing about it all, and it really does help me realize how blessed and comfortable my life undoubtedly is.

Number Seventeen: Princess Sparklepuff
This has been the affection nickname for my PT Cruiser since the first time that I drove it. Almost every day I wonder how people do it that either don’t drive or don’t have access to a vehicle.

Number Eighteen: Kaytie
While we were driving home tonight Quincy commented that Kaytie sure is nice to me. She’s right. Kaytie is awesome and I have loved getting to know her and becoming real friends. She is so thoughtful; her genuine kindness and optimism is good for me. Kaytie is a lovely person and I am so glad that she thinks I am fun or interesting or something,that for some reason she keeps hanging out with me.

Number Nineteen: Washing Machines
I did a bunch of laundry this morning and I love how efficient and simple it is. I don’t ever want to wash my clothes by hand and hang them out to dry because I have to, maybe just for the experience…

Number Twenty: Singing in the Car
This is one of the best things ever.  If I am by myself I sing, when I am with my sisters we sing
(lately it has been almost exclusively and excessively Les Mis), today in the car a bunch of us sang Taylor Swift and Macy Gray. A good singing in the car can make a bad day good and a good day better.

No comments:

Post a Comment