Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My Birthday: Day Two


Today was fun again; Kelly, Quincy, and I met my parents at the mall where we, obviously, did some shopping, then we came home for Chinese food, we went and played basketball at the church for while and then we went to the neighbours to hot tub. 

Driving to Lethbridge


Unfortunately one of us has to be serious and drive...

So back to my list; I feel like I am maybe cheating a little bit today because I am just going to talk about my family, I realized last night after I posted that I could of done one of them each day but since that is not going to happen, day two will instead be all about them.

Number Six:  Clay aka Elder Hansen
Tuesdays have been an exciting day for about 23 months now because it is the day that we get emails from Clay. He is so awesome that even via email he is just as charming and unique as ever.   It is crazy to think that next month at this time he will be home, that will be weird in an exciting way, but for the time being I just love  reading about all of the wonderful experiences he is having, and attempting to decode his spelling.

Number Seven: Quincy
Quincy is one of the most remarkable people I know. In the scriptures when they refer to someone being of a sobre mind, well I never understood that until I met her. Quincy is deep and thoughtful, always. Her testimony; knowledge and understanding of the gospel, her approach to her education, the standards and values that she has established for herself, all of it is remarkable. I hope one day I can grow up to be as clear and confident as her about what kind of person I want to be.

Number Eight: Kelly
I have had so much fun getting to know Kelly a lot better since I have moved back from Provo. We have so much fun, and I am confident that at least some of the time she can read my mind. Kelly is kind and she is brave; she does what she determines to be right regardless of whether or not she is doing it alone. Kelly is not the kind of person to be swayed superfluously but she is also the kind of person to join you in talking in silly accents or having a spontaneous sleepover.

Number Nine: My Mom
My mom is amazing, but everyone who meets her already knows that. She is fun, she is energetic, and she has this way of making everyone feel important. My mom and I don’t always agree, and we don’t always disagree quietly, but no matter what I know that I am one of the four luckiest kids in the world. I learn from her every day and she never stops surprising any of us. My mom is so passionate and giving,  and I have so much admiration for the life of service that she lives.

Number Ten: My Dad
He is one of the funniest, smartest, most ridiculous people I know. Sometimes someone else might tell a better joke but no one else is ever funnier.  My dad is loving and patient to a degree I hope I can one day maybe even replicate.  He is supportive and encouraging; knowing that he believes in me has always helped me to believe in myself.  My dad is so hard working that he even believes work is fun, and I admire his unfailing determination to pass that on to us.


No comments:

Post a Comment