Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Day Eight

Well today we embarked on another road trip- this time we even made it to England. But first we enjoyed some serious retail therapy. Actually I only bought one thing and it is for Kelly and she has to pay me back. But I do love it and am really excited for her to loved it. Oh, and I guess I did buy chocolate from the Cadbury factory store.  So maybe  Kaytie did some more serious shopping but we all had fun. After the mall we headed up to Manchester for the British Pageant.  

We had a lot of fun wandering around the  Manchester temple grounds and then seeing all of those classic Pioneer Day activities. It was neat to be in a place so familiar doing things I have definitely done  before but with people who have a different kind of enthusiasm. I have always lived in places that are already so gathered and it was an awesome experience to be surrounded by people who were really appreciating that opportunity. 

The pageant was soo good. It definitely exceeded my expectations, and it was really cool to hear the stories of the British saints who converted to the Gospel and how they had the faith to leave their homes to go and build up Zion. So often that is just a footnote in the pioneer stories we tell "oh yeah they sacrificed everything and left what had been their home for generations." It was a great opportunity to re-appreciate the Gospel in my own life. 

Ooh, but the highlight of the day may have been when we realized Kaytie's pull out bed was not a hide a bed but actually a bed we pulled out from under the couch! 

Sorry this is late, I got half done and just wanted to go to sleep so I finished it this morning, and now we are off to go swimming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment