Monday, August 5, 2013

Day Six

Today is the day when I decided I could definitely come back here for a significantly longer stay.  Kaytie and I started the day at a Fringe Festival performance of Romeo and Juliet.  It was a Glee inspired adaptation performed by an under 17 arts school.  It was a fun, campy performance and the talent really was impressive. I am so used to local productions with some talent and a lot of admirable effort (which I definitely appreciate).

Then we wandered up and down some fantastically gorgeous streets enjoying all of the street performers and collecting fliers from all of the different performances. There are definitely a few more we are going to have to check out before the week ends.


The Beveridge's decided to head home,  which left Kaytie and I on our own to explore. We wandered a bit more of the Festival (I am completely smitten) got some food, and did some shopping. Then we caught the bus back to Balerno all on our own. I definitely felt like a grown up!


Bonus Points for anyone who knows who Greyfriar's Bobby is?


Look! I am not the only one who took pictures of all of the recycling! I love this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment