Monday, November 5, 2012

Day Four

I did nor blog yesterday because it was awesome in the way that all Sundays spent with family are- oh and we spent time on the beach.


Today was my first day volunteering at Hout Bay High School. I will be volunteering there for the rest of the week. It is an incredibly unique experience. Today Kevin, the coordinator, picked me up along with two American volunteers and we drove to the High School. When we arrived Kevin went to find out the class schedule for today, like during what times there would be classes, and what times there would be breaks- that can change day to day. The high school is totally chaotic, they have no resources, and they are understaffed. On any given day one or two teachers won’t show up, and there is no sub program. I spent some time in the tutoring centre as well as in three Grade 8 English classes. I really do feel like I can be helpful, unless they ask a math or physics question…

No comments:

Post a Comment