Monday, November 12, 2012

Day Nine, Ten, Eleven

 
So I have been AWOL from the blog for a few days because as I predicted, after meeting with my health nurse, I almost died here in Africa. What with all of the rabies and strawberries I knew it would be a real possibility…

Good news, it was just a cold that I caught from student at the school, and since Saturday I seem to be improving.

Friday evening we went to a fun little market with lots of different food and shopping stalls. I did some shopping but unfortunately for the majority of you and fortunately for a few of you I cannot disclose my purchases. Then we walked back home along the beach.

Saturday morning we went to Cape Point. The cape is located at 34°21′26″S 18°29′51″E, about 2.3 km away from the Cape of Good Hope. Although neither of these capes is actually the southernmost point in Africa. That is approximately 150 kilometers to the east-southeast. The Cape was beautiful, we went and hiked up to the lighthouses.



Then we drove down to the Cape of Good Hope. During our travels we saw baboons, and ostriches. It was very exciting from the safety of the car (I did get out of the car once to photograph an ostrich).


Sunday was lovely and relaxing, we did drive around and look at a few multimillion dollar homes so that was fun.

Today we went up and saw UCT campus; the buildings are so beautiful and old. Then we went to the Cecil Rhodes Memorial.

 

After that we did some very interesting shopping. We went to factory stores in the upstairs of old buildings and bought clothes with the labels cut out. It was definitely a new kind of shopping experience, I like it.


We are off to Durban early tomorrow, so I need to go pack. I will blog as best I don’t know the internet situation.


1 comment:

  1. Erin the one thing I said, okay the second thing I said was please don't die! The first was find a giraffe.

    ReplyDelete