Thursday, November 22, 2012

Day Sixteen

In St. Lucia we went on a cultural tour of a Zulu village. While we were there I had the opportunity have my future divined for me.  The Sangoma does this by contacting the ancestors. She had some interesting insights… I don't remember exactly what she said, but I will post here the few things that I remember.

She said that I would marry soon, like within a year or so.
Something about eleven cows...
For work I will travel the world helping people, especially people without prents.
I need to stop  overthinking my future. I need think less and pray more, ask my God.

Later on there was the opportunity to participate in a traditional Zulu warrior dance. I was pretty much terrible at it, luckily no evidence exists. It was a neat opportunity to see their cultures and lifestyles, we even got to try on some of the traditional outfits. 







Later on we went on a Crocodile and Hippo Tour. We glimpsed a crocodile on the tour, as well as in the game park earlier, but I never got a really good look. Hippos on the other hand were more than willing to put on a show. It was fun to see them thrashing about and even fighting.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to see how 11 cows are going to correlate with a wedding in the near-ish future.

    ReplyDelete