Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day Six

Today was so much fun! I worked in the Learner Support Centre today and I helped about 15 students with their math probability assignment, by the end of the day I was very good at it. Then I spent a few hours with some very intelligent boys discussing and interpreting poetry to help them prepare for their English Final tomorrow. It was really weirdly fun, and at times embarrassingly challenging- I haven’t seriously analyzed poetry in a while…  After school ended today all of the tutoring required was in physics, so I had the opportunity to go upstairs and watch the dance class/club, and they were crumping.  After that I went down to the extracurricular music class; four students sang me an original piece during which they all rapped.  Seriously there are a lot of very talented individuals in this school.  Later in the afternoon I had the opportunity to go up to the Township and spend some time at the library reading and playing with the little kids. Then it was off to swimming lessons. Every Wednesday for a few hours some of the children from the Township get to go and practice their swimming, some of the older kids are there to gain experience in order to eventually become a swim instructor.   I got to meet a lot of students and I really enjoyed all of the experiences I got to have!


This YouTube video features a young lady named Nandipha. I had the opportunity to meet her yesterday at the Township library, she is remarkable. Kevin, the volunteer coordinator I’ve been working for, pays for her cab fare every day to go into Camps Bay High School.


2 comments:

  1. I comment because you love them, and I love you. I miss you and am glad you are safe!

    ReplyDelete