Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day Two

So I slept for fifteen hours last night, and subsequently was much more energetic today. After I, thankfully, was finally woken up (yup that’s right I probably would have slept longer) we headed out to Muizenberg and saw a kite festival, then went down to the beach.

At the beach I ate a delicious falafel pita, and then hung out on the gorgeous white sand where I walked up to my ankles in the Atlantic Ocean (even in South Africa the Atlantic Ocean is cold). What was especially exciting was that in the two hours prior to our arrival in the beach there had been two shark sightings, one each hour. [Un]fortunately there was no shark sightings while we were there…



After enjoying the beach we drove along the coast to Simon’s Town where we saw penguins. They are adorable and interesting on the other side of a fence, but it turns out when we are both within approaching distance of one another I am sorta scared of them like cats that walk, uninvited, around my legs or rabbits. Still I am in the same picture as some penguins, just on opposite sides of the frame.




Then we returned home via Chapman’s Peak. At this point I am going to rave about the view because it is unbelievably incredible, I mean literally (but not actually literally) breathtaking. Although so far from what I have seen the view, 95 percent of the time, is absolutely incredible. I suppose that suffices as raving about the scenery, just know this place is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment