Friday, November 23, 2012

Day Twenty-Two

Today (wooh that means I am finally all caught up) we went up Table Mountain. It was fantastic; the weather was beautiful and calm, the sky was clear, and becuase we had small children we did not have to stand in line. We took a cable car up, and then spent some time on top enjoying the views and following around Amazing Race contestants and thier camera crews.

 


 

After  Table Mountain I went to the District Six Museum. It discusses the mass displacement of the inhabitants of District Six during apartheid when the district was redesiganted as a white group area.
It was startling and informative. I really appreciated the time I had there. 

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for the blog being back up. Glad you didn't die. I spit out my drink when I read about the strawberries and rabies. Ha I miss you. It seems so beautiful and I love all the historical elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Seriously you should plan a trip here one day, it really is incredible.

    ReplyDelete