Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sundays

It has been brought to my attention that my blogging about Sundays has been less than informative. Well it is like they (whoever that is?) say; the church is kinda the same everywhere. But since it is my last Sunday in South Africa I suppose I will take this opportunity to share a few details to satisfy whatever curiosities might exist.

There is only one stake in Cape Town. We’ve been attending Booker and Krystal’s ward. It is very friendly and welcoming, it reminds me a lot of what they mean when they say a “ward family.” There are no YSA wards here, but in their ward they have a separate Sunday School class that is exclusively for the YSA members. I have been attending that class while we have been here. Actually I had the opportunity to teach the class my second week here. On my first Sunday as soon as I confirmed that I would be here again the following week, I was asked to teach. So I did, I think it went fine, the class does not struggle with discussion; it has been really interesting. Their experiences as members of the church here are so different from my own growing up in Southern Alberta and then attending BYU. Really, aside from the accents, it is not so different from most every other ward that I have attended- people still debate caffeine!

No comments:

Post a Comment