Friday, November 2, 2012

Day One

Haha so I didn't do any pre-trip posting. Anyway preperations went like this- I procrastinated everything until the last minute and fluctuated between freaking out and deciding that it really doesn't matter what I wear.

We flew out of Calgary at like 10:00 p.m. October 31, and arrived in Cape Town at like 7:00 a.m. November 2.  The first flight was to Heathrow, and then after a four hour layover the plane left for Cape Town. My body is so confused! I don't know when I am hungry, and so far I am always exhausted.

After arriving at Booker and Krystal's I had a shower and unpacked. Then we hiked Lions Head, you know because I looove hiking, especially in the heat, and on like 5 hours of crazy inconsistent sleep. No, actually it was amazingly beautiful and a great way to spend some time seeing the area, and putting off going to bed. After we wandered around downtown which was  fun, got some dinner, and visited a gorgeous little park.  I am very excited to spend some time here and get explore this exciting and unique area,  but at the moment I am typing this and counting the minutes until I can go to sleep in a bed.

If this post has errors or is just plain boring blame it on sleep deprivation. I will try to be more interesting when I can muster enough energy to care.

2 comments:

  1. wow! i am so excited for you erin!! i am also excited for this blog of yours! cant wait to hear of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin that was a great post! Haha I enjoyed it, I did like my email better but only because it was personalized just for me. I'm glad you're doing this :)

    ReplyDelete